Friday, August 28, 2009

Names

I hate that one of my characters does not have a name that fits him, yet. My story has stalled for the moment, just because I don't have his name and he is crucial to the story. I tried just throwing a name in there so I could get my story out of my head and onto the computer screen, but his scenes don't feel right because his name is not.

Ah, the frusterations of writing, one miniscual detail can totally throw off your entire groove. I am currently working with my best friend and my husband to namethis character and it is getting closer, but there is still not much I can do with the storyline at this point because he is involved in most of it and writing the wrong name makes his character feel a bit flat there. HMPH!

1 comment:

  1. Do you think if you narrowed it down to a first letter then your ideas could flow better? Or what about a last name? Even if it's just in your head and the readers don't know it, it might help keep the storyline going since it would be a part of the character's name. *shrug* Just another thought.

    ReplyDelete