Saturday, August 29, 2009

...And We Have a Name

So, I was sitting on the couch this afternoon, going through the list of names Missy, Jason, and I had compiled, when something popped into my head that I needed to write down. Once that section had been written out, my character was finally able to recieve his name! I'm not at a stand-still at the moment! Hooray!

I bought some index cards yesterday, and sat down at the table this evening to fill out my "storyboard". I was having some troubles filling in the gaps from one point toward the end of my story and the actual end. The index cards helped a lot! I highly recommend using index cards to map out a plot if you find yourself getting stuck here and there. You write a sentence or two describing a scene on each card, what ever pops into your head. Once all your scenes have been put onto paper, you lay out your cards and find the most logical sequence for the events. Once they are layed out in the order that makes the most sense to you and then you are able to actually see where you need to fill in any gaps in your plotline. I think I used about half the deck for my story, but, it would have been more had I not already had sections of my story 'completed'.

Well, I am off to write a bit before I call it a night! I hope my stalls are out of the way for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment