Thursday, September 3, 2009

Plugging Away

I'm almost finished with Chapter two, just a few more things to plug into the story/dialogue and it is complete. The first two chapters are a bit of introduction to the two main characters. Chapter three is when the fun begins. Don't worry, though, the first two chapters are far from slow.

What I find amusing about my writing process, is that, even though I know all the major events, even though I know how it is going to end; the unfolding of this world, these characters, their story excites me. I can't wait to find out how all these things that I know are going to happen come around. I love seeing the characters grow as their simple world gets stretched and molded, as things happen to the characters.

I know the final words of chapter two, but I don't know how much more still needs to be let out before those words are written down and the pre-first draft gets sent to Missy.

By the way, if you are a writer and you don't have a Missy, I suggest getting yourself one ;). Missy is my best friend and she is helping this story take the exact shape I want/need it to take. I finished my pre-first draft of chapter one and sent it to her. She read it and then sent me an e-mail with all the questions that went through her head while she read. I can't tell you how immensely helpful that was. Most of the questions she asked will be answered before the end of the book, but there were some I hadn't thought out and from that, I was able to add in the details my tale was missing. She is truly going to be one of the main nails in keeping this story put together, with her, the reader won't need my brain to understand all the little details.

Well, I need to finish up and get dinner started. I hope to be done with Chapter two tonight and have chapter three close to completed by tomorrow (I already have the last half completed, just need to iron out the details to lead up to the end).

3 comments:

  1. You are so nice to say all those nice things about me! :) But I absolutely love getting a first look at the story. I don't know how it ends so I love, love, love watching the story unfold. I am so glad you asked me to help you.

    Unfortunately, this Missy is not available for any other authors. Everyone else will have to find thier own Missy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since I'm a little selfish anyway, I wouldn't want to share my Missy with anyone else. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my own Missy.. lol but mine is called an Evie. It's my sister and I completely agree how valuable a Missy or an Evie is!

    ReplyDelete