Friday, January 8, 2010

Flashback Friday

I decided to do something new on here to try to put more on my blog than just the teasers. Every Friday (that I can remember to do this) I will post something that I wrote when I was much younger. I have a rather large 3 ring binder of poetry. This could get embarassing as it is not all that great, but I think it would be fun to see and share how I used to write.

A poem from 1999

Without You
~Sometimes, the loss of a loved one is so great, we cannot go on.~

He tries to sleep
But he cannot bear
The pain and suffering
Of not having her there.
He sits by his window,
His tears falling like rain
His only company
Is his grieving pain.
"I cannot live without you."
He told her last night
He didn't know why he had said it
He just thought it felt right.
A lonely tear
Streamed down his face
As he thought
Of their last embrace.
Memories of last night
Spun throught the air
He cried as he thought,
"I should have been there!"
If only he were
She would have escaped her fate
And tonight would have been
Their first anniversary date.
She left last night
He wanted to follow
He felt it coming,
His heart felt hollow.
She crossed the street
He was out the door
He dropped to his knees
She fell to the floor
He could only scream
As the driver kept going
His heart stopped beating
As her blood started flowing
"If only I had left one minute before...
She would be with me today."
He came too late
And the man got away
His eyes filled with tears
When he saw her body on the ground
He screamed for help
But nobody was around.
She was slowly slipping away
He held her close to his heart
"I can't live without you,
I can't bear us apart."
He softly kissed her lips
As she took her last breath
She uttered these words,
"I'll love you forever, even past death."
The memories faded
He lay in his bed
He whispered into the night
"Why did you leave me, my love, my friend?"
He felt her by his side, he whispered,
"I can't live without you, it just isn't right."
She nodded her head
As love bade his eternal goodnight.

There you have it, my first flashback Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment