Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm Writing a Novel... RT Wednesday

So, I'm jumping in a little late, but I am posting.

Question of the day is: What's everyone's reaction when they find out you're writing a book?

I haven't told many people that I'm not actually close to.  I post status updates on Facebook that are writing related and people who are interested are the people who respond.  I've gotten generally good responses from people.  Usually it is the actually genuine "Good for you."  I also have people opening up conversations for me with the excited, "She's a writer."  I usually blush and smile.   I love having a base of people who are supportive of my choice to write.

The only thing I get from people that seems difficult to answer is the, "What's it about?"  I wish I could answer that at this time, but I really can't just yet.  I have the first 9.5 chapters complete and an outline.  I don't know how the final two chapters are going to play out, but they will get there when I do.  I don't think I will be able to properly answer that question until the first draft is complete. 

I hope to keep people interested once the story is complete and I begin even more stories that burn in my mind.  Right now, though, my train of thought has fizzled and is telling me I must go to bed.  Goodnight and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment